Friday 1 February 2008

Riviera '08 : Day 3

I had decided never to miss Riviera ever, as long as my parents were working here.And now my determination not to miss is even stronger. I have found yet another reason not to miss it for anything (well, except, may be, exams). Riviera's Day 3 was more awespiring than I'd imagined. And the end of it all, my mouth lay hanging open. Though I didn't watch the prelims of any of the competitions (because of my addiction to the internet, and the unputdownable book I was reading - Dan Brown's Deception Point), I did catch a glimpse of the prelims for the personality contest called Mr. and Ms. Riviera. I was a little disappointed with the entries. Nevertheless, it was fun. I also saw the entries for the finals of the Sand-Castle competition. And this little one caught my attention, and is my favourite. The theme for the competition was "Anything Indian". So this is a model of the Charminar at Hyderabad.


In the evening, at the stadium were the finals of the personality contest, throughout which my parents and me, thoroughly got bored. My mum was insisting that we should go back home. I refused, and it was a good thing I refused, because what happened after that I can never forget in my life. There was this stunning visual glow juggling show by a group called Feeding The Fish (consisting of Ms. Alix Wilding and Mr. Simon Mylius). What kind of juggling articles they used, I have no idea; they were fluorescent, changed a million colours, and most amazingly, even changed SHAPES!! At the end of it, gosh.. I just don't have words to describe what I felt. Truly fantastic, MESMERIZING, I must say. Wow! Visit their website: http://www.feedingthefish.com/

Did I ever think I'd see even more jaw-dropping performances that day! Before the Frisk-Facter (dance) competition could start, the host college, VIT, performed a dance representing five human emotions - anger, happiness, hatred, love and fear. That was AWESOME!! The dance got a standing ovation and the judges invited the whole group to perform at celebrations in various parts of India.

All in all, yesterday was my best day of the whole celebration. I'm sure there's more awating today, because today, a very popular Indian singer, Shankar Mahadevan is going to perform for us. All of the staff who haven't attended the celebrations of the previous two days, have cancelled appointments to attend today's concert. I'm just too excited, and I'm trying to look my best today, even though it's not a necessity because all I'm going to do is SIT and enjoy the show. ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment