Saturday 2 July 2011

This is the life

It's 4:45 a.m. I'm very sleepy and half of what I'm writing right now may not make much sense. But tonight was the best night I've had in a very long time. The Director's Dinner in the evening was just an excuse for the guys and girls to stay out of the hostels. It was also the first weekend when we weren't assigned projects or presentations and would probably be the only such weekend. We decided to make the most of it. From casual talk to discussion to trading ghost stories to playing UNO to playing Mafia to playing Dumb Charades, from four of us at around 10pm to around 20 at 4:30am I don't remember the last time I was with so many new people having so much fun. The boys really are true gentlemen. I don't know if it was the effect of having to offer a seat to the lady when all seats were occupied during the induction week (much to their consternation) or the effect of simply joining a professional course, they are very courteous towards the ladies which is very nice to see. Life over here is very different from my life during engineering, the most astounding being boys and girls being able to visit each other's rooms.

It's been quite a joyride till now at MDI. The induction week that started Sunday evening and ended a week later felt like military camp. Torturous though it was, looking back at that week now brings back smiles, laughter and very fond memories. We couldn't have asked for sweeter or more friendlier seniors and that is what makes living at MDI so much more nicer. The professors are very friendly too and my, what patience and dedication they have. But what makes MDI most exciting, of course, is my own batch of classmates. I never thought I'd make such good friends just 10 days into the course. Of course, when you spend 18 out of 24 hours together it's bound to happen.

In short, it has been a great start and I hope I have a lot of exciting times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment