Friday 28 December 2007

A Leaf?


You'd think it's a leaf. Well, it's not. This little thing is an insect, perfectly and beautifully camouflaged as a leaf. I didn't believe it either, until I saw it move. You're asking me where in the world I found it? I don't think you'd like to know. I'll tell you anyway - I found it in the toilet. Yeah, that's right. This little village where our college is, is surrounded by lush green, and is home to a large number and variety of insects, birds, animals (mostly cats and dogs) and most of all our biological neighbours - the monkeys, which I think are of the same number as the students. Ok, I exaggerated about the monkey number, but you get it, right? So, this is just one fragment of the bio-diversity here, that always amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment