Friday 18 May 2012

When workplace is fun

Albeit for two months... In the blink of an eye, the internship is over. I thought these two months would be a drag, and now I can't get myself to believe that it's over. Just. Like. That.

Of course, that obviously means that I enjoyed the internship. It was a great learning experience at a great company with an amazing team and a cool bunch of fellow interns from IIM-Calcutta and IIM-Ranchi.

Pictures from my travel to 6 cities over 10 days for the internship
Pune, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai
BD is a very good company to work for. PPO, or no PPO, BD definitely has set the bar high for my expectations of working at another company - with respect to the people, the work culture, the informality, the bonding within the team, everything. Working at BD was an absolute delight.

I liked my project too, which in itself was a huge learning experience. Things in the B2B segment are very different from the B2C segment (all the text book stuff). Talking to the customers - the middle/senior management from the client companies - understanding their concerns, the issues they're facing, their impression about BD, their needs, their expecations from a best-in-the-industry company like BD, has given me a firm grounding to build my future work on. That way, I've also been extremely lucky to have been accompanied by account managers and quality managers everywhere I went. Through out those 10 days of meeting with customers, I've had countless enriching conversations with them, both on the work front and on a personal front.

In all, these two months have been great. I've learnt so much, I actually want to go back to college and be able to relate all the learning with what we study in college. No wonder they say, work experience helps.

Am I going to be called a nerd now?

Anyway, I also want to get back to college to be able to see my friends again, have late night chats, the late night walks, cook some food, hang out at Arcus, crib about being back to the mess food, enjoy a classroom atmosphere, crib about assignments and projects, crib about placecomm sessions, talk about the new juniors about to join and also, use my newfound power as the creativity head for Imperium... There is so much to look forward to!

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment